Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi-game and arts forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Advertisements do more harm than good?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Azk

Azk

Advertisements do more harm than good? Empty
PostSubject: Advertisements do more harm than good?   Advertisements do more harm than good? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Alright guys, let's get some debates going. Remember to read the rules of the debate before replying, try to use proper language and grammar so you don't look like an idiot and do NOT flame. Ever.

Topic: Is having widespread advertising good for society?
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements do more harm than good?   Advertisements do more harm than good? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:07 am

Advertising is good for many people, but the flood of advertisements everywhere is choking society, just about every webpage on the planet has an add on it, and so do many tv programs.
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements do more harm than good?   Advertisements do more harm than good? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:41 am

I agree, however how else do you think companies which post these advertisements are meant to get word out about their product?
Back to top Go down
Yopomo

Yopomo

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements do more harm than good?   Advertisements do more harm than good? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 8:13 pm

I find it's becoming a big problem, i find this because shows are becoming one big commercial, heck mcdonalds had/have a children's tv show
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements do more harm than good?   Advertisements do more harm than good? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:21 pm

the thing is though azk, many companies trick you with their ads! blatantly lying by saying, "Free" ringtones, then adding you to a $5 a week subscription! this tricks amny people who are not very wise in the ways of the inernet, honest marketing is a time of the past.
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements do more harm than good?   Advertisements do more harm than good? EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 4:12 am

Actually, ads don't lie to you, that's illegal. They might say Free ringtones and give you the ringtones for free, but require a $5 subscription fee for the 'copyright issues' or something along those lies.
But you guys still haven't answered my question, how would we know about potentially life-changing products unless they are advertised?
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements do more harm than good?   Advertisements do more harm than good? EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:29 pm

you wouldnt.....lol, azk wins? but i still prefer plain old innocent ads rather than the 'trick' ads
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements do more harm than good?   Advertisements do more harm than good? EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 4:03 am

Yeah, I agree, the trick ads are pretty harsh.

Does anyone else have any input to add into this debate? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements do more harm than good?   Advertisements do more harm than good? Empty

Back to top Go down

Advertisements do more harm than good?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion :: Community :: OOC Room :: Debate Forum-
Jump to: