Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi-game and arts forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Torture in Interrogation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Azk

Azk

Torture in Interrogation Empty
PostSubject: Torture in Interrogation   Torture in Interrogation EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Topic: As the stakes of the war on terror are raised, are the US' use of torture, and its attitude towards UN's Geneva convention justified?
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

PostSubject: Re: Torture in Interrogation   Torture in Interrogation EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:52 am

My view- terrorists are little more than mentally sick animals, therefore they should be treated as such. If they are willing to kill millions of innocent, harmless civilians, breaking rules of the Geneva Convention, then why should those rules apply to them. I believe that any method of preventing further death and terrorist atatcks are justified, and although to wrongs do not make a right, a wrong to prevent much more than 1 wrong sure as hell does make a right.
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

PostSubject: Re: Torture in Interrogation   Torture in Interrogation EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:51 am

I actually disagree with you a lot here Zev. Terrorists are quite often very normal people who are fighting for what they believe in, just like the American army in Iraq. However they believe in the things which the countries of this world disagree with and therefore are forced to use terrorism as a way to get their message out. I'm not saying I agree with terrorism here, I'm just saying that these are people who are doing what they feel is necessary to make the world a fairer place and personally I do not believe that torture should ever be used in an interrogation unless there is a 100% chance that the results that the torturers get are able to save many more lives.
A terrorist is a human Zev, and torture is inhumane. And even if you believe they are animals, would you drown a dog for biting its owner because he poked it in the eye?
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

PostSubject: Re: Torture in Interrogation   Torture in Interrogation EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:19 pm

hmm....good point azk, i guess i reacted as one who believes opposite to the terrorism aspect of life and didnt consider those points, i guess now my view is quite different, that it is a form of belief. oops, maybe i think more next time, the torture thing is quite a good point too.

More consideration is win.
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

PostSubject: Re: Torture in Interrogation   Torture in Interrogation EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 4:14 am

Mm, I'm still not saying terrorism is a good thing though, it's just that maybe they are right in some aspects and torture is very over the top.
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

PostSubject: Re: Torture in Interrogation   Torture in Interrogation EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 pm

yeah thats what i was trying to say too.
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

PostSubject: Re: Torture in Interrogation   Torture in Interrogation EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 4:04 am

Does anyone else have anything to add to this debate? Razz
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

PostSubject: Re: Torture in Interrogation   Torture in Interrogation EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 4:34 am

does this make the debate over?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torture in Interrogation   Torture in Interrogation Empty

Back to top Go down

Torture in Interrogation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion :: Community :: OOC Room :: Debate Forum-
Jump to: