Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi-game and arts forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Everlasting Night

Go down 
+3
Arata
zevandir
Frozen Fighter
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Frozen Fighter

Frozen Fighter

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:15 pm

I'm gonna transfer my story here as well, I s'pose.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Fighter

Frozen Fighter

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:16 pm

Prologue:

The day was just ending when the stars began to pop out of the fast-approaching darkness. It was at this time of the day that the weather turned harsh and bitter in the northern part of Lore. The air started to turn frigid. On many nights, the sky would cloud over and it would snow, with occasional blizzards sweeping through the forest. This night, however, was one that would not have such weather, so the inhabitants of a small village decided to go out hunting. It was on this night that a man took his small son out into the forest and taught him how to hunt with the bow and daggers. This night would be remembered by the small boy for the rest of his life.

The village was an extremely small, home to only twenty-nine people. These people lived in harmony with nature, only taking the minimum to survive. On that night, the father and his eight-year-old son went off to hunt. The other villagers were not able to go out on this night because of the approaching festival that needed preparations completed. All of the villagers worked on a multitude of tasks. They cleaned the streets and set up booths, tidied up their homes and straightened the store shelves.
________

The father and his son traveled to a small clearing in the forest. At this spot, many animals gathered to graze and drink water. The father instructed the boy on proper ways to handle and shoot a bow. They practiced for a few hours before the small boy finally had a chance to try shooting a small rabbit. The boy used all of the techniques that his father had just shown him. Despite all of his practice, when he let loose the arrow, he missed the rabbit by about a foot. His father, joyous at his son's remarkable progress, started to laugh with delight! The boy, however, was depressed by his miss and looked confusingly to his laughing father. "Why are you laughing, dad?" the boy asked. The father happily replied, "Because you were so close to the target after having learned how to shoot a mere two and a half hours ago!" The boy, suddenly grasping his father's words, started beaming with delight and joined in his father's laughing. The man to his son, "If you continue practicing everyday, you shall become the most amazing archer in all of Lore!" It was at this moment, however, that the boy's life started to change forever.

Terrifying screams could be heard coming from their village by the pair. The man's head flew up when he heard them. He rushed to his son and packed up all of their equipment. Afterwards, the man rushed in the direction of the village, trying to find a valid reason for the panic in the village. As they neared their home, the man slowed momentarily and had the boy find a hiding place. "Don't worry, I'll come back and find you once the village has calmed down," the father said. The boy nodded his understanding and hid in the hollow opening beneath a large tree just off the main path to the village. The child watched as his father ran into the village and out of his life forever.
________

The man ran into the village with the bow that his father gave him, and was passed down through the generations of his family. As he entered the village, the sight was hideous. Bodies of dead villagers littered the ground, houses were in shambles, and creatures he had only heard about roamed the village, biting and killing the few villagers that remained. The man crept closer to the town square, where most of the creatures were staying. Many of the creatures had armor on and carried weapons of all kinds, but none were matching and most carried swords. One was standing on a larger box and speaking, but the man was too far away to make the words out clearly. It was clear to the man that that creature was the leader of the group, for its armor and sword was of a higher caliber than that of the others. As the man crept closer, he began to make out what the leader was saying. "We vampires have lived in the shadows for a long time, but that time is over!" shouted the leader. "We will take back Lore with our vampire armies that we have been assembling. The world as humans know it shall end in ten years!" At this, the vampire group started shouting their agreement. This was the last the man heard, though, for one vampire had seen him hiding in the shadows and walked up behind him without making a sound and wrapped his arms around his head and swiftly pulled, snapping the mans neck and ending his life.
_________

The boy awoke towards the end of night. He looked up silently and suppressed a scream of terror. Walking down the dark road out of the village was a small army carrying weapons and loot from the town. Some of the people in the army were carrying off villagers he had known his whole life. Among the villagers being carried were his mother and father, who had seemed to have dropped his bow while inside the village. The boy wanted to cry out to them but suppressed the urge when he heard a squirrel dart up a tree. The leader had been at the point in the road right in front of the boy, and he turned and hissed like a snake into the darkness, exposing his sharp fangs. The boy made a silent gasp and realized that the army was made up of vampires! The boy huddled under the tree until the sun had risen into the white winter sky. He then rushed out from under the tree and raced back to the village, desperate to find out what had become of his village. He entered the village and nearly collapsed in sadness at the sight of his village. He walked to the town square and cried at the sight of his ruined home. As he was crying, he noticed his father's bow lying on the ground in the shadows. He walked over to it and picked it up in his shaking hands. The boy's sadness slowly turned into anger as the realization of what happened sunk in deeper. He gathered up what belongings he still had, along with some food and supplies that would help him survive in the wilderness, and headed out of the ruins that were his village. As he left his village, he silently vowed that he would get his revenge on all of the vampires that had done this.

Last edited by Frozen Fighter on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frozen Fighter

Frozen Fighter

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:16 pm

Chapter 1:

Frozen Fighter awoke from his dream in cold sweat. He had had recurring nightmares about the night his home was attacked almost ten years ago. He kept thinking of what those monsters had said as they had passed him on the trail, "In ten years, this world will be ours." He thought to himself, "The ten years are almost up... I can't let that happen." Frozen got out of bed and dressed in his usual Ranger's garb; his camoflauge colored leather armor, a dark green and brown and grey cloak with a deep cowl, his brown leather boots, and his assorted weapons and items. Frozen Fighter was quite tall, but had a slim, yet muscular build. His hair was a dark brown and somewhat shaggy, but short enough so that it was easily manageable. His eyes were a deep brown, a somewhat similar shade to his hair. Frozen had many scars littering his torso and arms.

Frozen Fighter walked up to the innkeeper and payed her for the night. "Thank you, come back if you pass through this way again." she had told him as he walked out. He walked out to the archery range that the town had on the outskirts of town. The town guard was training the new recruits there. Frozen walked over to a target a couple down from the guards and started preparing for his morning practice. He took off all of his weapons that he was carrying; his long bow Yumi and his quiver, his slim long sword, his hidden throwing knives from his boots and belt, and his twin daggers. The recruits stared in awe as they watched Frozen Fighter take all of his weapons off. Frozen then strung his bow and prepared his arrows for practice. He lined up his first shot with the target, which was roughly seventy-five yards away, and released the arrow. In the blink of an eye, he had fired another arrow and had a third knocked to the bow string. The guards stared in shock as they watched him go through all twenty-four of his arrows that he had in his quiver in only five minutes. One of the recruits boldly walked over to Frozen Fighter and tried starting a conversation. "H-h-h-ow were you able to shoot like that?" the young man, barely twenty-years-old, managed to stutter out. "Nervous are we? Ha! Don't worry about it so much. If you want to know my secret, I'll tell ya. I've practiced with this bow everyday for the past ten years." Frozen Fighter casually explained. "Th-th-th-th-thanks..." the man managed to say as he walked back to the other group.

Frozen watched cheerfully as the men of the guards huddled together and whispered to the man who had just spoken to Frozen Fighter. He chuckled to himself as he started packing up his weapons so that he could prepare for his journeys for the day. Once he was ready, he headed off to the road that would lead him to Battleon, where he should be able to find some information on these vampires and their conspiracies. Frozen walked out of the town he had spent the night in and found the path that led to Battleon. This path was renowned for its bandit attacks. Recently, a large group of bandits had made their base in the forest surrounding this path. Frozen Fighter decided it would be best if he avoided the main path and used his stealth to avoid any bandits.

Just as he had melded with his background thanks to his skills and the patterns of his cloak, a small group of merchants had begun traveling on the path as well. Frozen decided that he would trail them to see if they would lure the bandits out. Just as he had thought that, the merchants were stopped by an armored thug. Suddenly, other bandits in leather armor started jumping out from behind the nearby trees, encircling the group. Frozen Fighter decided he would have to show himself eventually if he wanted to fully help the travelers. "Hmm..." he thought, "I should at least take out a few of the bandits before fully revealing myself." Frozen stood atop a branch that had a clear view of the scene and readied Yumi. There were six bandits and the leader, making a total of seven. "Alright," he thought to himself, "I'll use three arrows. Then I'll confront them directly. Hopefully, no one gets too hurt."

"Hand over all of your valuable and we won't have to harm you!" the leading bandit shouted to the merchants. "And if we refuse?" one of the merchants replied. "Hmm hmm hmm... You don't want your friends to get hurt, do you?" the leader chuckled. "Errrrr..." the merchant mumbled. "Fine!" one of the other merchants shouted. "We'll hand over our items, just don't harm us." "I'm afraid that can't happen..." the bandit leader said. "We can't leave any witnesses." "You... You monster!" the first merchant shouted.
________

When Frozen Fighter heard the merchant shout, he knew his time had come. The bandits started closing in on the group. Frozen aimed for the bandit on the opposite side of the leader. He lined up his shot and took it, right when that bandit decided to leap at the nearest merchant. "Ahhh..." the bandit sputtered as an arrow lodged itself in his right shoulder. Shortly after that happened, the same fate befell the bandits closest to him. "What's happening!?" the leader screamed at his men. None dared answer, for they hadn't a clue either.

Frozen leapt out of the tree and swiftly landed in-between the remaining four bandits and the group of travelers. "Ahhh!" the bandits cried in terror. "Where did you come from?" the bandit in charge asked. "I've been following these travelers in hopes that I would be able to run into you thugs," Frozen responded. The bandits watched their boss to find out what they should do. They then saw his signal to attack, so they took their chances by using the element of surprise. The two bandits farthest from the boss leapt at Frozen Fighter. He noticed them just in time and managed to roll away from the attack and towards the travelers. "You may want to run..." Frozen told them. The group members nodded to each other running back from the fighting, but not far enough so that they couldn't see what was happening. The bandits started to encircle Frozen so that they could attack. Frozen glanced to see that the group was out of harm's way and grabbed two of his hidden throwing knives. He targeted the bandits closest to the travelers, for they may decide that the group may be easier prey. Frozen Fighter aimed at both of them at the same time, whipping around and unleashing his knives at his targets. The attack took the bandits by surprise and one knife managed to find its mark, embedding itself in the bandit's left calf. He went down and became incapacitated by his brief shot of pain. The bandits to the left and right of the boss decided that this was their chance to attack. Frozen noticed them make their move and unsheathed his long sword. He swung around and managed to block the attacks from the bandits' swords. He then used his vast amount of dexterity to seemingly disappear. He reappeared right behind the bandits and slammed the end of his sword's hilt into the back of each of the bandit's heads. Now only three bandits remained.

Frozen Fighter decided to return to the offensive by rushing one of the bandits. He brought is sword down on the opponent so fast that the bandit missed his chance to counter and got slashed across the chest. He then turned and swiftly threw his sword at the last bandit. The bandit took the sword in the right foot, making him collapse. The leader saw this as his chance and rushed the now sword less Frozen Fighter. Frozen took the attack across his right arm, leaving a gash. He winced in pain, and then managed to draw his dagger to defend against the boss’s onslaught. Frozen Fighter started trading blows with the remaining thug, although his attacks were becoming ragged by his blood loss. “Heh, you think you’ll be able to defeat me at this rate?” the bandit ranted. Frozen just ignored him and used his dexterity to once again vanish. Frozen Fighter reappeared above the remaining bandit and landed on him, making him collapse to the ground under his weight. Frozen finished him off with a punch across the face, knocking the bandit leader unconscious. He tied up the bandits and managed to make his way back to the group of travelers before he succumbed to his blood loss and sank into the darkness of unconsciousness.

Last edited by Frozen Fighter on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:43 pm

FF, moar lol, its good, exciting story lol
Back to top Go down
Frozen Fighter

Frozen Fighter

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Chapter 2:

Frozen Fighter awoke with a start in a bed inside a building of some sort. "You've awoken!" shrieked a small girl sitting near his bedside. "Ugh... Yeah, I'm awake." Frozen managed to say. The small girl hustled out of the room to get someone, but who, Frozen Fighter knew not. A few moments later, the small girl returned with one of the merchants he had saved. "Ahhh... You're finally awake, good sire," the merchant said. "Please, just call me Frozen Fighter," he responded. "If you say so, my friend, but I insist you stay here until you have fully healed." The merchant said. "If I must, but is there someone here that could help the healing proccess along some?" Frozen Fighter inquired. "Yes, in fact. There was a boy that appeared to be the same age as you downstairs that said he was quite adept at healing. I shall go and see if he would help you out." With that, the merchant left the room, leaving Frozen Fighter alone with his thoughts.
_________

A few moments later, the merchant returned with the boy who would be able to help him. "Mornin' friend! My name is Arata, and if you'd like, I'd be able to heal ya right up," the boy said. "Ehh... Thanks a lot Arata. I'd really appreciate you taking a look at my arm." Frozen held his arm up so that Arata could examine it. "Oooh, that's pretty bad!" Arata exclaimed. "Yea... Now if ya wouldn't mind..." Frozen Fighter gestured to his arm again. "Oh, right!" Arata said. He took the water that they had supplied him. He then placed his hand on top of the water and pulled his hand away, taking the water with it. He placed his hand on Frozen's arm near the elbow, where the gash was worst, and the water spread out along the cut until it completely covered it. The water then glowed a deep, clear blue and evaporated. Once all of the water had evaporated, Frozen Fighter looked at his arm to discover the gash had healed, leaving only another scar on his body. "Wow! Thanks Arata!" Frozen exclaimed. "By the way, people call me Frozen Fighter." "Nice ta meetcha. Mind if I call ya FF?" Arata said. "Sure, why not?" FF responded.

"So what are you gonna do now?" Arata asked Frozen. "I've been searching for some vampires that destroyed my village ten years ago." FF replied. "Oh, sounds dangerous... Mind if I tag along?" Arata said. "Sure, why not? But don't you have something that you have to do?" Frozen Fighter asked in reply. "Not really. I was washed away from my homeland with my brother Alastor during a massive storm. We washed up on the beach and were found by a girl named Leyla and her grandfather Cor. We then traveled to a village named Sayle and were attacked. During the fighting, I was seperated from Leyla and Alastor. I had been searching for them when I stopped here, but I can continue while I'm traveling with you." Arata explained. "I see... Well then, I guess it'll be easier to find both of our targets if we work together." FF said.
_________

Frozen Fighter then continued on his way to Battleon with Arata tagging along. They hoped to find information on the whereabouts of Leyla and Alastor, as well as the vampires that destroyed Frozen's village. Along the way, Frozen Fighter and Arata traded stories of the past, getting to know each other quite well. They met no bandits on their journey to Battleon, slightly to Arata's disappointment. "Dang, I was hopin' to find out how tough those bandits that attacked you were..." he complained. "They weren't the greatest." FF replied. "Oh really? Then why did you get so badly hurt?" was Arata's retort. "... Caught me off guard ..." was the only answer Frozen supplied. "Ha! Hahahahahaha..." Arata's laughing trailed off as they got sight of Battleon. "Dang..." they both said in unison.

They arrived on the outskirts of Battleon during the middle of a massive battle. The two of them were in shock, neither knowing how to respond. The heroes that were in Battleon at the time of the attack were keeping the intruders at bay for the time being, but it wasn't looking good. The invading force was fully armored and seemed to have a supernatural aura around them. The heroes of Battleon were slowly being pushed in towards the center of the town. Frozen and Arata were finally to snap out of their shock and headed towards the town square, each pulling out their weapon of choice. Frozen Fighter took out Yumi and started firing his light arrows at the invaders. Arata wielded Hokkyoku and slashed at his nearest adversary, cleaving him clean in two. As FF's arrows struck true to the targets, the pair gasped in shock as they exploded into a cloud of ash and blood. "They're vampires!" Frozen Fighter shouted to Arata. "I could tell! That warning would have been better five minutes ago!" Arata shot back.

Arata and FF were slowly running out of energy, but the vampires just came coming. "It's no good! We gotta fall back!" Frozen shouted to Arata as he ran towards a wall and jumped off of it onto the roof of the building across the alleyway. Arata followed suit and ran down the same alleyway. Frozen Fighter ran on top of the buildings, shooting arrows at the pursuing vampires. Arata ran parallel to FF, occasionally turning around suddenly and hacking a vampire that had caught up to him. "It's no use. There are just too many!" Arata shouted. Just as he said that, the vampires suddenly stopped and disappeared into the shadows. "Why did they... " FF didn't finish his question. He knew why the vampires had fled. Arata was in the alley, so he hadn't figured it out yet, but Frozen could feel the heat of the rising sun on his neck. "What is it?" Arata questioned him. "It's morning." was Frozen's response.

Arata and Frozen Fighter made their way to the guardian tower, where the heroes and townsfolk had barracaded themselves from the onslaught of the vampire army. As they approached, the heroes and guardians had started to remove the barracades. FF and Arata walked up to one of the heroes who was helping. "How did all of you fair during the invasion?" Arata asked. "Not too well, we were greatly outnumbered." The hero replied. "If it weren't for the quick thinking of one of the other heroes, we wouldn't have survived." "Who was this hero? I'd like to meet him." Frozen said. "He's over there." The hero said, pointing towards a man that appeared to be no taller than 5' 9" in white and brown chainmail. He had bright orange, fiery looking hair with matching goatee. As they neared him, they noticed his deep purple eyes. "Hello there!" The hero greeted as the pair approached. "Hiya, my name is Arata." Arata said. "Hey," FF called. "People call me Frozen Fighter, FF for short." "Nice to meet the two of you. My name is William, but I prefer to be called Bill."

Last edited by Frozen Fighter on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arata

Arata

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Great chapter FF XD I have appeared!!! Dun dun dun! Oh, and at the beginning, the word should be Adept instead of Inept. Inept means incapable or poor at xD
Back to top Go down
ookaminami

ookaminami

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Great chapter Frozen. bill and arata have now appeared. I like the blue font.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Nice chapter, FF! I can't wait for the next!!!
Back to top Go down
Frozen Fighter

Frozen Fighter

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:56 pm

Thanks for the CnC guys, and Arata, I changed it inept to adept, thanks
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 4:28 am

yeah that was great, you have improved a lot in that second chapter, teh first was a little edgy in places. things like grammar, spelling and wording/seentencing.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Fighter

Frozen Fighter

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 11:39 pm

lol Zev, the first chapter i copy and pasted into word to check the spelling/grammer/ect.

the second i didn't
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:22 am

lol, the second was actually better, may i suggest typing in word? much better, also points out mistakes that are obvious to a reader Razz
Back to top Go down
Frozen Fighter

Frozen Fighter

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:30 pm

notepad is more convenient tho, because the computer i type my story on doesnt have word, so i would have to save it to a flash drive to put it into word on a different comp
Back to top Go down
Tholossi

Tholossi

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Or you could just pirate it...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.chodecircus.com/area51/
zevandir

zevandir

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:11 am

oh i c, that is a bit of a bummer lol, any other typing programs available to you? what does a mac have?
Back to top Go down
Frozen Fighter

Frozen Fighter

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:17 pm

lulz, i got a pc, but its sooooo old that word wasn't even out yet...

actually not, its just that when you order a pc, its cheaper if you dont get word or any of the microsoft office apps, which is what we did, but on our new one we just got, we have word, but i can only type my story on the old one. its also a hastle to even get on the new one cuz my mom, dad, and bro all use that one so its in constant use. but its ok since they left the old one all to me.
Back to top Go down
xRaedqwex
Lurker
xRaedqwex

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Get open office, its a word/powerpoint/all that stuff clone. It can even save in Microsoft office formats.

http://www.openoffice.org/

~RQ
Back to top Go down
Frozen Fighter

Frozen Fighter

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:18 pm

i would, but my comp is rly old, so it got not much memory left
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Everlasting Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everlasting Night   Everlasting Night Empty

Back to top Go down

Everlasting Night
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion :: Community :: Writer's Corner-
Jump to: