Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi-game and arts forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Migration

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Azk

Azk

Migration Empty
PostSubject: Migration   Migration EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Moar debates to try and get some activity going! Smile

Topic: Is large-scale migration, especially from the developing world to developed countries, a force for good? Should it be encouraged or do both developed and developing countries have an interest in restricting the flow of migrants?
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

Migration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Migration   Migration EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:02 am

My view- My view is that developing countries cannot fully develop if those who are supposed to be part of the developement process leave, if a developing country of a million people loses 600,000, then the developement cannot continue as fast or develop fully. i also believe that if, for example, Australia can and would benefit from imigrants, then why should they stop, more people means more workers, larger companies, for developement. Also, Australia is one of the few nations who are so multi-cultural, due to our youth and relatively short history, the country has become a prime place for people to migrate to. I believe that developing countries is not quite correct, the indonesion islands etc are not exactly developing, they are war torn, poor and overpopulated. this makes australia an excellent place to migrate to.
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

Migration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Migration   Migration EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:46 am

Australia is a good example of migration actually, as you said, countries near our borders are war-torn and live in poverty and we are so close and have an incredibly good nation with very little poverty and disaster. However, the amount of immigrants we receive is pretty shocking, over the next 10 years it is believe Australia's population will rise by around 10million people and quite honestly the country may struggle to support that amount of people.
What do you guys think of the moral issues of denying immigration to people?
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

Migration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Migration   Migration EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Personally, i think it is morally wrong to deny escape from a terrible place to a much better one, but this is only considering them and where they are coming from. On a national point, migration is a huge issue, christmas island is a good view, overpopulated and choking the natural levels of food and shelter. The point that most immigration to australia is highly illegal is also a point, i believe that many poeple would let the immigrants in if they had a choice, but health and terrorism etc risks are too high. Australia has incredible space, but not much FARMING land, in truth, most of australia is inhospitable, such as were i live, we get all the food etc trucked in lol. and therefore, 10 million more people (australia has 2million atm i think) will crash the country, similiar to an overloaded computer, then australia will go backwards into another war-torn country.
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

Migration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Migration   Migration EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 4:08 am

Australia has 20million people btw. ANd yeah, quite a lot of our land isn't able to be lived on due to infertility and whatever, but still is it right for us to deny people coming from warring nations who will die if they go back?
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

Migration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Migration   Migration EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:33 pm

oh 20? i thougth it was 2, lol. i did say i think it is not right for us to deny them a home, but i think that rather help them by giving them a home, help them to set up a home. somewhere else perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

Migration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Migration   Migration EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 4:02 am

But where could they go? Who would take them if we don't? In my opinion Australia has a moral obligation to allow these people a home, especially if they're likely to be killed if they go back to their homeland. It is just monstrous not to.
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

Migration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Migration   Migration EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 4:03 am

i agree, but morally i think we have a duty to care for our own asutralians to.
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

Migration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Migration   Migration EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 4:09 am

We do of course, but could you really send a person back to their death just because we wanted the people in our own country to be extra-comfy?
Back to top Go down
zevandir

zevandir

Migration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Migration   Migration EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 4:38 am

definately not, so i say, in conclusion, migrated indonesions and other war-torn country residents deserve the right via HUMAN rights to migrate to a country of safety and peace- Australia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Migration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Migration   Migration Empty

Back to top Go down

Migration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion :: Community :: OOC Room :: Debate Forum-
Jump to: